Join us in the walk for life! 5 days to go!
ConNetica is proud to support Queensland Mental Health Week 8-14 October 2017. Our team is sponsoring and participating in two local launch events this Sunday 8 October:
Walk for Awareness Mental Awareness Foundation, Brisbane and Walk/Run for Wellness with the Sunshine Coast Council and Fusion Sunshine Coast.
Our organisation is dedicated to raising awareness of mental health and suicide prevention. Walking is an everyday occurrence, as is struggling with mental health, for many of us. By uniting together in these walks we are not only supporting each other and all those affected, we are enabling people, communities and organisations to thrive by taking steps towards creating better futures for us all.
Look out for us in our green ConNetica shirts and feel free to have a chat. Meet ConNetica team members John Mendoza, Marion Wands, Dan Mendoza, Rita Leon and their family at the Brisbane event and Tanya Bell and family at the Sunshine Coast event. We’d love to share with you our initiatives and hear your story. At the Brisbane Walk for Awareness our CEO Marion Wands and our Youth Ambassador Dan Mendoza will be conducting interviews with participants who would like to have their voice heard on social media, will be demonstrating our new Youth app Chats for life and discussing our suicide prevention support programs.
Registrations are still open for both events:
- Walk for Awareness – Brisbane
- Mental Awareness Foundation
- Registration 6am – 7.45am
- Formal Proceedings 7.45am
- 8km walk commences 8am Captain Burke Park, Kangaroo Point
- Ends 12 noon underneath Story Bridge
- Followed by sausage sizzle and live music
Walk/Run for Wellness – Sunshine Coast
- Sunshine Coast Council in partnership with Fusion Sunshine Coast
- Registration 8am
- 4.8km walk commences 9am at Maroochydore Rotary Park
- Ends at Cotton Tee
- Followed by a range of activities such as Tai Chi, Yoga, Group Fitness and Drumming to showcase how you can improve your mental health and wellbeing
We look forward to walking by your side on Sunday 8 October and we thank you for your support.
Creating Better Futures for life
Walk for Awareness – Brisbane: http://www.mentalawarenessfoundation.org/walk-for-awareness/
Wal/Run for Wellness – Sunshine Coast: https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Living-and-Community/Community-Support/Health-and-Wellbeing-programs/Healthy-Sunshine-Coast-Mental-Health-and-Wellbeing