Stronger Smarter Yarns For life
The Stronger Smarter Yarns for life program has been developed with 2016 NAIDOC Person of the Year, Professor Chris Sarra for Aboriginal and Torres Islanders and runs for a whole day. Programs are delivered by two facilitators, with one always being an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. This training provides participants with:
- An understanding of the unique factors contributing to thoughts of suicide for Indigenous people
- A strengths based approach to social support and suicide intervention
- The skills and knowledge to identify signs and debunk social myths
- An awareness of the prevalence of mental illness and suicide in Australia generally and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Tailored Indigenous mental health conversation planning tools
- A list of suitable referral, support options and resources at local and national levels.
For more information or to organise a Stronger Smarter Yarns for life course please visit our contact page.